Playa del Cantal, Mojacar Playa, Almería
To find Playa del Cantal, landmarks include the Red Cross building, numerous Hotels such as Virgin Del Mar - Punta del Cantal – Puntazo – El Flamenco and Mazazul.
This beach is one of the most frequented beaches of Mojacar Playa, made so by the assortment of beach side establishments spread out along its perimeter, in particular the centrally located and distinctive beach bar area, where a variety of chiringuitos are clustered together on the edge of the beach which is 900 meters to the VIP Almeria office where there are a large number of food and drinking establishments.
Each of these beach bars and restaurants has a unique feel of its own, hip and trendy, chilled and laid back atmosphere with some offering entertainment during either the afternoon or evening. Chiringuito beach bar are typically Spanish and totally authentic, these rustic venues service the beach areas with sun beds and parasols, everyone has their own favourite, and once visited will return time and again. It is a family friendly zone.
There is a large parking zone available by the side of this beach area, though it can get quite busy in peak season and on the weekends. The chiringuitos in this section of the beach, at the time of wringing this article do tend to close in the winter months, though there are still quite a few places that remain open all year round. At Easter time and in high season, especially during the summer months, Playa Cantal entertains a livelier crowd as Spanish holiday makers arrive in the resort for their annual break.
It offers multiple services for leisure and relaxation.
Lifeguard schedule: The swimming season begins June 15 and ends on September 15; during this period the lifeguard service is operating from 11.30 to 19.00, off schedule this season and there is no lifeguard and rescue service.
Pharmacy: Yes – Francisco Salas: Telf. 950.615080-615069. Paseo del Mediterráneo, in front of the Red Cross
Shops include Grocery / Clothing by Etcetera / General / 2nd hand furniture and Souvenirs. Bedding with Mr and Mrs Jones.
Hotel: Virgin Del Mar - Punta del Cantal – Puntazo – El Flamenco and Mazazul
Restaurant’s recommended: Reina Mora / Porto Fino / Imperial / Don Pancho / Aurora / MX Canalla.
Bars / Cafes: Dolce / Bar Blue / El Patio 2000 / Pacha Mama Rock / Martin Morales GastroBar / Casino sports bar
Clubs: Mandala / Maui Beach / Aurora / El Cid / / AKU AKU / Alma Beach Club
Activities: Various sports – Gym – Mini Golf – Non-Motorised Boating
Access for the disabled: Yes
Blue Flag: Yes
Toilets, Showers or Changing Rooms: Yes
Car Parking: Yes
Bus Stop: Yes
Length: 2800 Metres
Width: 30 meters / Little variation
Type of Sand: Rock / Gravel / Sand
Signal flags on the beaches:
Green: Safe bathing conditions.
Yellow: Bathing with caution.
Red: Swimming prohibited.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENTS IN THIS ZONE:
PLAYA EL CANTAL
- Los Abedules - C/ Lomos del Cantal // Calle Zurbaran
- Altos del Cantal – C/ San Isidro
- Las Araucarias – Calle Barranquizo de los Politos
- Aptos. Arraez - ‘’ ‘’ ‘’
- Los Azahares – C/ Miguel Hernandez
- Las Brisas - Calle Miguel Hernandez
- Estrella del Cantal – Calles Hermanos Machado
- Los Geranios A y B – Calle Picasso // C/ Lomos del Cantal
- Los Hibiscos – Calle Cantal
- Izusa – Calle Murillo 18
- Jardines Indalo – Calle Blasco Ibáñez
- Lomos Blancos – Calle Lomos del cantal
- Lomos del cantal – El Barranquizo de los politos
- Mar Azul – lomos del cantal
- Mirador del Mar – Calle Hermanod Machado
- Miraflores – calle Hermanos Machado 3
- Los Naranjos – Calle hermanos machado 1
- Pueblo Cantal – Calle Zurbaran 6
- Pueblo Luna – Calle Picasso
- Pueblo Sol – Calle Murillo
- Valle Azul – Calle Lomos del Cantal